Why Choose Us For Martial Arts?
We simply offer the BEST QUALITY at the BEST PRICES with the BEST RESULTS!
- You learn at a Club that has a proven track record of High Quality Tuition since 1988
- You learn with a Coach + Club that comes HIGHLY COMMENDED by the Rochdale Council
- You learn a system that involves 6 different Martial Arts for the price of 1
- You instruction uses Sports Science concepts for best results
- All instructors are Certified, DBS/CRB Checked, and adhere to Child Protection Policies
- All members and instructors are insured
- We have produced many regional, national and world champions
- Low start-up fees (from just £3 per lesson)
- NO CONTRACTS
- Ethical payment structure and payment options
- Lots of FREE events arranged for members throughout the year
- We work partnership with other agencies to bring additional free qualifications to our members
- ‘Most progressive and successful club in the area’ by the Rochdale Observer
- We have many signed statements from school teachers and parents saying that their child has shown dramatic improvements in CONFIDENCE,RESPECT, CONFORMITY, RAISED ACADEMIC PROFILE, EXCEPTIONAL FITNESS and OUTSTANDING BEHAVIOUR as a direct result of participating in our Martial Arts Program.
What to look for when joining a Martial Arts Club
It can be difficult to find a quality martial arts club that is trustworthy and provides all the right neccessities. Before joining a club you should check to see if they comply with the following:
- The club should own their own venue (not hired)
- It should have qualified instructors who are insured and DBS/CRB Checked
- It should provide Member-to-Member insurance
- It Must have an outstanding reputation in the community and within Martial Arts Circles
- It should show achievements of success (not just participation) in Martial Arts events (Competitions, Courses, Gradings, Seminars
- The chief instructor should be well experienced in different systems and not only hold a high ranking but a position of authority outside of their club as a national coach or referee.
- It should offer a robust multi-disciplined martial arts system so that a more fuller experience of martial arts can be gained. Their disciplines should also cover all aspects of developing great character (Conformity, Respect, Leadership skills). And a great fitness program is essential.
- It should offer regular progression opportunities
- It should provide individual care & attention to each and every member
- The tuition provided should conform to a high standard
- It should have a recognition reward system in place for those who show progress and higher level of achievement
- It should have a robust child & vulnerable person protection policy
- It should have a qualified 1st Aider at hand
- It should associate with reputable bodies
- It should offer a variety of payment methods that are ethically robust
- It should not bind children into a payment contract
- There should be No Hidden Charges
- The Master Instructor should be active in teaching the classes himself (not sit in the office all the time!)
If the club in question does not tick all these conditions – then be very wary of who you are training with and what you are signing upto! Parents should go out of their way to determine these things BEFORE they take their child to any Karate Club.
Here at The Dojo Karate Centre (Rochdale) – We tick all the boxes!
Still not convinced? Having second thoughts?
Let’s try tackling any negative feeling towards joining our club:
“I’m not sure it’s what i’m looking for”
You’ll never know until you try. People join us from all walks of life and for many different reasons; weight loss, self confidence, personal safety, competition, hobby, to meet new friends and many other reasons. As always we offer a trial lesson, so if it’s not what you had expected, you have no obligation to join.
“I’m too old”
Our oldest members are in there 60’s and we have people of all physical types and abilities. You’ll be introduced gently and safely into our classes so that you have the best experience possible. Martial Arts is one of the few hobbies that you can continue to do no matter what age or physical condition. It keeps your joints flexible, your muscles firm and your mind sharp. You won’t know how good it is until you give it a go!
“I’m afraid of looking stupid”
Everyone is to some degree, but you’ll find that everyone was a beginner once and even some of my top Black Belts weren’t that gifted when they started but we promise you this – no one will laugh at you or mock you. Taking the first step is the hardest, but we are there to guide you every step of the way. We find that even the most nervous of new students, once they get over their initial shyness have a great time and can’t wait to get back to do it again. Martial arts is a great way to build confidence too so if you are shy we can help you better than just about any other hobby. You have nothing to lose but your shyness.
No Pressure – No Obligation
You are under NO OBLIGATION to enrol and will not be pressured to do so, although, we will invite you to join and offer you discounted training. As you can see from this website, we do not hide any costs. If you choose not to join, then at least you’ve experienced a little bit of martial arts from The Dojo Karate Centre!