ABOUT US – THE DOJO MIXED MARTIAL ARTS SYSTEM!
Here at The Dojo Karate Centre we teach a mixed martial arts system that has been devised from the +50yrs experience of our Chief Instructor: Sensei IRFAN ANSARI. It is mix of Karate, Ju-Jitsu, Self-defence, Fitness, Grappling, Weapons and Kick-Boxing. Please do not confuse our formalised & safe training method with Cage-Fighting and the type of MMA you see on TV. Our system is nothing like it! We take the safety and welfare of our members very seriously. Parents can rest assured that their child is in the best hands at our karate centres – Rochdale . Oldham . Glossop . Chorlton.
WHY MARTIAL ARTS?
There is a reason why Oprah, Dr Phil, Dr Laura Schlesinger, Jillian Michaels (Biggest Loser), Tony Robbins, Pediatricians, Child Physiologists and educators from all around the world have alluded that Martial Arts is one of the most valuable things you can involve your child in.
It goes way beyond self-defence and can help a child in nearly every aspect of their life. Improved health and fitness, athletic enhancement, increased confidence, better concentration, better behaviour, more courteous and respectful; Martial Arts is the answer to all!
Does this sound too good to be true? It’s not. As a matter of fact, many experts agree that in this day and age of escalating childhood obesity, increased playground violence and deteriorating family structure, If you do nothing else for your child, you should make sure that they learn to swim and martial arts. Let’s Discuss why…
“Practice the fight so that you don’t have to” – is a phrase that is often used to describe the self defence benefits of martial arts training. It refers to the fact that as a child becomes more confident in their abiility to defend themselves, the need to defend themselves reduces, as they sub-consciously portray themselves as a less vulnerable and confident person. On top of that, our martial arts includes strategic self defence as well as actual defence. Children are taught how to recognise a potentially dangerous situation and how to avoid confrontations.
There is a reason why virtually every professional sports team in virtually every major sport supplements their training with martial arts. Martial arts training offer several advantages. First off, it is amazingly effective in enhancing general coordination because it uses every part of the body in a balanced way. Upper body, lower body, right side, left side, forward movement, rotational movement – martial arts has it covered!
The three pieces of the fitness puzzle are strength, flexibility and endurance. Martial arts demands a balance between the three. Therefore, a child who trains in martial arts will find their deficiencies greatly enhanced. Attaining the balance of fitness will also benefit your child when participating in other athletic endeavors and are less likely to injure themselves.
Martial arts is a proven link to better health for people of all ages, but especially children for several reasons. First off, it is great exercise and kids find it fun! which they willingly want to continue doing. Discussing diet and lifestyle habits is something we introduce to our class aswell, children who grow up on a guided path to good health will not only provide them with better understanding of how their bodies work but they will develop healthy habits that will stick with them for life.
Martial arts engages the mind, body and spirit. With regularly attended training, for children in particular, they will develop a hightened level of awareness and greater concentration. Which is a skill that can be applied to other activities and improve their understanding in their education at school.
Respect and Courtesy
In our teaching, we understand that certain techniques taught in martial arts can do harm to others if applied. Our instructors are obliged to stress the importance of respect, courtesy and restraint. It has been proven time and again that children who are skilled in martial arts tend to be extremely respectful, considerate and composed.
Martial arts virtually always tends to increase confidence in children for a couple of specific reasons. First off, there are no bench sitters, every child participates and is judged – not against others, but more importantly, against their own potential. Secondly, the structure of martial arts is built on the concept of setting children up for success by giving them a series of realistic short term goals that they can attain quickly while keeping them focused on an exciting long term goal. Each time they experience success, their confidence improves until they tend to believe that with hard work and dedication, they can accomplish just about anything.
CALL : 07974 723365
FOR A TASTER CLASS NOW!
Why Choose Us For Martial Arts?
We simply offer the BEST QUALITY at the BEST PRICES with the BEST RESULTS!
- You learn at a Club that has a proven track record of High Quality Tuition since 1988
- You learn with a Coach + Club that comes HIGHLY COMMENDED by the Rochdale Council
- You learn a system that involves 6 different Martial Arts for the price of 1
- You instruction uses Sports Science concepts for best results
- All instructors are Certified, DBS/CRB Checked, and adhere to Child Protection Policies
- All members and instructors are insured
- We have produced many regional, national and world champions
- Low start-up fees (from just £3 per lesson)
- NO CONTRACTS
- Ethical payment structure and payment options
- Lots of FREE events arranged for members throughout the year
- We work partnership with other agencies to bring additional free qualifications to our members
- ‘Most progressive and successful club in the area’ by the Rochdale Observer
- We have many signed statements from school teachers and parents saying that their child has shown dramatic improvements in CONFIDENCE,RESPECT, CONFORMITY, RAISED ACADEMIC PROFILE, EXCEPTIONAL FITNESS and OUTSTANDING BEHAVIOUR as a direct result of participating in our Martial Arts Program.
What to look for when joining a Martial Arts Club
It can be difficult to find a quality martial arts club that is trustworthy and provides all the right neccessities. Before joining a club you should check to see if they comply with the following:
- The club should own their own venue (not hired)
- It should have qualified instructors who are insured and DBS/CRB Checked
- It should provide Member-to-Member insurance
- It Must have an outstanding reputation in the community and within Martial Arts Circles
- It should show achievements of success (not just participation) in Martial Arts events (Competitions, Courses, Gradings, Seminars
- The chief instructor should be well experienced in different systems and not only hold a high ranking but a position of authority outside of their club as a national coach or referee.
- It should offer a robust multi-disciplined martial arts system so that a more fuller experience of martial arts can be gained. Their disciplines should also cover all aspects of developing great character (Conformity, Respect, Leadership skills). And a great fitness program is essential.
- It should offer regular progression opportunities
- It should provide individual care & attention to each and every member
- The tuition provided should conform to a high standard
- It should have a recognition reward system in place for those who show progress and higher level of achievement
- It should have a robust child & vulnerable person protection policy
- It should have a qualified 1st Aider at hand
- It should associate with reputable bodies
- It should offer a variety of payment methods that are ethically robust
- It should not bind children into a payment contract
- There should be No Hidden Charges
- The Master Instructor should be active in teaching the classes himself (not sit in the office all the time!)
If the club in question does not tick all these conditions – then be very wary of who you are training with and what you are signing upto! Parents should go out of their way to determine these things BEFORE they take their child to any Karate Club.
Here at The Dojo Karate Centre (Rochdale) – We tick all the boxes!
Still not convinced? Having second thoughts?
Let’s try tackling any negative feeling towards joining our club:
“I’m not sure it’s what i’m looking for”
You’ll never know until you try. People join us from all walks of life and for many different reasons; weight loss, self confidence, personal safety, competition, hobby, to meet new friends and many other reasons. As always we offer a trial lesson, so if it’s not what you had expected, you have no obligation to join.
“I’m too old”
Our oldest members are in there 60’s and we have people of all physical types and abilities. You’ll be introduced gently and safely into our classes so that you have the best experience possible. Martial Arts is one of the few hobbies that you can continue to do no matter what age or physical condition. It keeps your joints flexible, your muscles firm and your mind sharp. You won’t know how good it is until you give it a go!
“I’m afraid of looking stupid”
Everyone is to some degree, but you’ll find that everyone was a beginner once and even some of my top Black Belts weren’t that gifted when they started but we promise you this – no one will laugh at you or mock you. Taking the first step is the hardest, but we are there to guide you every step of the way. We find that even the most nervous of new students, once they get over their initial shyness have a great time and can’t wait to get back to do it again. Martial arts is a great way to build confidence too so if you are shy we can help you better than just about any other hobby. You have nothing to lose but your shyness.
No Pressure – No Obligation
You are under NO OBLIGATION to enrol and will not be pressured to do so, although, we will invite you to join and offer you discounted training. As you can see from this website, we do not hide any costs. If you choose not to join, then at least you’ve experienced a little bit of martial arts from The Dojo Karate Centre!
CALL US FOR A TASTER LESSON – 07974 723365